ILC 2023 Leadership Program Australia
October 30 - November 1$880.00 – $1,100.00
ILC Leadership Program Australia
30th October – 1st November 2023
Adelaide, South Australia
The ILC is pleased to announce that our second Fundamentals of Care Leadership Program for 2023 will be held in Adelaide, South Australia at the end of October.
The ILC’s Fundamentals of Care Leadership Program aims to empower current and emerging healthcare leaders to challenge and change how the fundamentals of care are valued, prioritised, and actioned within healthcare systems globally.
With colleagues from across the globe, you will learn about creating change in your organisation to improve the care experience for patients and clients and to influence and shape care policy, practice, research and education.
Participants in the Fundamentals of Care Leadership Program will gain:
- unprecedented access to global experts in fundamentals of care
- networking opportunities for sharing of ideas and best practice
- a better understanding of competing priorities in different contexts, for example research groups, education settings, clinical practice settings, and strategies to overcome these
- inspiration to influence change through leadership and political debate
- ideas and skills to increase awareness, recognition, and commitment to the fundamentals of care
- national and international connections for collaborations that have real impact on fundamental care delivery
- a toolkit to help jumpstart change
- a shared understanding of the fundamentals of care and how one becomes a leader in this area.
You can find the Program Overview & Learning Outcomes here.
This program will give participants the opportunity to meet and work with members of the international ILC Fundamentals of Care Leadership Program Faculty attending Adelaide for the event.
- Dr Devin Carr – Chief Nursing Officer, Maine Medical Center, USA
- Prof Tiffany Conroy – Deputy Dean for Nursing Leadership and Innovation and the Academic Lead for Nursing in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Flinders University, Australia
- Dr Rebecca Feo – Senior Research Fellow, Knowledge Translation and Fundamentals of Care Team, College of Nursing & Health Sciences, Flinders University
- Prof Mette Grønkjær – Professor Department of Clinical Medicine, Aalborg University & Head of Research, Clinical Nursing Research Unit, Aalborg University Hospital, Denmark
- Dr Getty Huisman-de Waal – Senior Researcher, Radboud University Medical Center, Radboud Institute for Health Sciences, IQ Healthcare, The Netherlands
- Prof Alison Kitson – Vice President and Executive Dean, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Flinders University, Australia (ILC Chairperson)
- Dr. Susan Mace Weeks – Vice Provost & Professor, Executive Director, Health Innovation Institute, Texas Christian University, USA
- Dr Jenny Parr – Chief Nurse and Director of Patient and Whaanau Experience, Counties Manukau District Health Board, New Zealand
Participants in the ILC Fundamentals of Care Leadership Program will also be provided with 12-months of mentoring from these international experts in FoC. There will also be opportunities to continue to engage with your cohort of colleagues while you implement your learnings and flex your leadership muscles.